Nick Arcifa is passionate about the safety journey and working with teams to ensure safety is a priority in the workplace. In his initial 2 years as a professional Nick has supported clients to manage OHS risk across a broad range of industries including heavy industrial, airlines, train and rail.
Nick has supported the development of HSE training programs for global communications provider, coordinated the AVETTA contractor management program for the past 12 months, initially as an auditor and subsequently as a client service manager ensuring all organisations progress through the prequalification process. Avetta provided onboarding for Qantas, Metro Trains Melbourne, VLine, Honeywell and many others. Nick has also supported Westrac OHS systems development.
- HSE Advisor, Sustainability, Australia;
- Client Service Representative and Compliance Specialist, Avetta LLC, Australia;
- WesTrac Caterpillar HSE Advisor.
- Bachelor of Science, majoring in Health, Safety and Environment, Curtin University, Perth.
- Lead Auditor OHS
- Construction Induction Card (White Card).
- Currently Studying TAE40110 – Training and Assessing.
Core Skills and Expertise
- Nick graduate experience roles have seen him provide support for safety management system projects in:
Advisor, Sustainability Pty Ltd
- Development of training programs for global communications provider
- Performed contractor management online through the Avetta Auditing system.
- Provided support to principal and senior advisors on projects in mining
- HSE work including project administrative and research support
- HSE system development and implementation for clients including development of standard work instrcutions, JHA for typical tasks, liaison with personnel on safe systems fo work.
Compliance Specialist, Avetta LLC
- Manage relations for clients and contractors
- Review contractor prequalification data against Prequalification requirements
- Support contractors through the prequalification system process, assist with development of HSE systems to ensure compliance
- Ensure new contractors are compliant with client requirements regarding safety systems, insurance documents and use of subcontractors
- Assist with the management of contractors into an online software based system.
Safety Plan Development, Westrac
- Development of new WA safety management plan in accordance with AS 4801
- Review of current SMP and Project SMP
- Compilation of all WesTrac HSEQ documents, referenced in SMP and link to intranet document management system (DMS)
- Amalgamation of all documents into one ease-of-use document for key stakeholders
- Redevelopment of Emergency Management Plan, liaison with key stakeholders and state emergency management advisor
- Conduction of incident investigation for major incident onsite
Compliance monitoring of safety critical systems during high risk work activities .