BSc. Production Engineering and Production Management (Honours)
Chris has over 20 years’ experience developing, managing and auditing HSEQ management systems in the industrial and resources sectors. Chris has the skills and experience to lead, develop, implement, monitor and review HSEQ programs for industrial projects. His extensive experience working in the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality arena means Chris delivers practical solutions that meet industry best practice.
- Principal Consultant, Sustainability, 2008 to present
- Manager, SAI Global, 2002 to 2008
- Senior Auditor, Quality Assurance Services, 1996 to 2002
- Safety, Quality, Environment, Plant & Project Management, CSR Building Materials, to 1996 to 2002.
- Bachelor of Production Engineering and Production Management (Honours), University of Wales, United Kingdom
- Masters Degree in Project Management, Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia
- Diploma Occupational Health & Safety
- Lead Auditor RABQSA – OHS,ENV, QUALITY
- NEBOSH International General Cert.
- Cert IV Training and Assessment (RPL)
Core Skills & Expertise
As an experienced and qualified Lead Auditor, Chris’ core skills include:
- Consulting to gain in-depth understanding of the business, its objectives and the challenges.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills that build strong, trusted relationships across all levels of management and operational personnel.
- Working with senior management and other stakeholders to develop and implement HSEQ management systems, programs, operational procedures and enhancements.
- Leading and training personnel to understand OHS risks and issues.
- Delivery of specific OHS and risk management courses including Cert IV OHS, Nebosh IGC and Lead Auditor OHS.
- Proposing and developing HSEQ audit methodology improvements to suit organizational or project needs.
- Providing in-house HSEQ support for resource projects and operations.
- Planning and execution of individual audits, analysing risks, and identifying issues.
HSEQ SPECIALIST CONSULTING – AUDITING
Chris has specifically developed skills in developing, training, implementing and managing HSEQ systems in accordance with internationally recognised management system standards. This includes:
- Development of accelerated quality management programs for industrial process organisation’s
- Customising and conducting OHS risk management training and awareness programs.
- Leading and managing the compliance and enforcement of all applicable Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality issues.
- Coordinating and managing HSEQ documentation, tracking, statistics and reporting.
- Ensuring HSEQ and Operations systems are maintained correctly.
MAJOR PROJECTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Chris has worked for a variety of clients to provide development, training and awareness of HSEQ including:
- Development and implementation for ISO9001 quality management systems for Amcap/Covs
- Coaching and support for MMA Offshore through implementation of Chevron CHESM processes
- The development and implementation of the Tenix Resources Division HSEQ Management System.
- Continual training and awareness for HSEQ Management System for all Tenix Resources Division.
- Lead certification auditor for ISO 4801:2001, AS/NZ ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 audits of Newmont’s gold operations within the Asia-Pacific region, including Tanami Operations (Australia) and Waihi Operations (New Zealand).
- Conducting high impact audits at Mount Gibson Iron for the Board of Directors.
- Undertaking assessments of the isolation system for BHP Billiton’s Whaleback Operation.
- Developing and managing contractor management systems and audits for Rio Tinto and Western Power.
- Contractual audits on behalf of Western Power, Rio Tinto and Chevron.
- The review and evaluation of the HSE components of tender evaluation documentation on behalf of Chevron, BHP and Western Power.
- Conducting safety advisory services for Atlas Iron.
- John Holland Group filling the role of Operations Safety Manager responsible for managing safety on a portfolio of projects including the construction of a gas plant for Apache, construction on the Pluto project and the Worsley expansion project.
- Preparing BIS Logistics’ COMCARE legislative audit.