Sustainability is an environmental and OHS consultancy established in 1999 with the aim of helping clients in the Australian resources and industrial sectors develop practical business solutions in the areas of environment and occupational health and safety.
Since then, Sustainability has grown from a Perth based consultancy to an internationally recognised practice with permanent offices in Perth, Western Australia and Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Our reputation has been built on quality services and, in addition to Australia and Mongolia, we have serviced clients across the globe, including Africa, Canada, Sri Lanka, Laos, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, China and Kazakhstan.
Our consultants and advisors are recognised as leading practitioners in their fields and are globally recognised for their ability to develop integrated business solutions to improve a client’s business.
Sustainability offers a variety of projects ranging from large scale to regional project delivery alongside workplace flexibility to meet the many needs of our peoples’ career and life stages.
As an employee-owned consultancy, Sustainability is an attractive place for talented professionals to thrive and pursue your career. With a workplace rich in diversity of thought, background and experience, we have what it takes to deliver outstanding service to all of our clients.
Based in Sustainability’s Perth office, we are seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor with three to five years’ experience in a similar role on a casual part time or causal full time basis with a view to a permanent role. Reporting to the Senior Advisor and Director, the Environmental Advisor is responsible for providing professional technical environmental advice and consultancy services to Clients and on Projects as directed.
Key responsibilities & duties
Projects & Technical
- Write and present reports to clients under the guidance of the Senior Advisor;
- Assist in the development, implementation, communication, auditing and maintenance of management systems for clients;
- Assist in formulating solutions for a variety of organisational contexts; and
- Liaising with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions.
- Assist with the development of project information and evaluation of industry trends;
- Assist with research and preparation of proposals for new projects;
- Draft project briefs and project experience reports for promotion on website, social media, and brochures;
- Develop and foster professional relationships in industry at level of expertise;
- Maintain professional Profile and Competency Matrix so that it is up to date with current experience; and
- Present a professional image in conduct, attitude and attire.
- Work individually and as part of a team to complete work assignments;
- Interact proactively, professionally and with discretion at all times with all stakeholders;
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the CEO or his/her delegate; and
- Induct and train others in our internal systems as required, under the guidance of the Senior Advisor.
- A tertiary qualification in science and/or engineering or similar as a minimum (essential)
- Auditing qualification (desirable)
Work experience and skills
- Demonstratable experience in similar role with a minimum of three years’ experience
- Broad technical environmental skills including experience in:
- Mining Proposals (essential)
- Mine Closure Plans (essential)
- Environmental Approvals (essential)
- Environmental Monitoring/Analysis (desirable)
- GIS (desirable)
- Environmental Auditing (desirable)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to the following: